Most of us have a television set at home and spend time browsing through channels when we are bored. Children too make it a habit to watch a few shows and come and sit in front of TV when they have nothing else to do.
Watching television can shape a young child’s personality as they are impressionable and may pick habits from watching certain shows. While it is not bad to watch TV shows if monitored what children are watching. But still we tell you what you should know about the effects of television on children.
- Great source of entertainment.
- Interactive shows can boost creativity in children.
- Television can stimulate their brains and boost their imagination.
- Education shows can encourage children to learn new things.
- It helps them understand different cultures and stay in tune with recent trends.
- Television can help them release stress and can encourage them to improve their academic performance.
- Watching too much television can create a behavioral problem in children.
- It can effect their eyesight.
- Not watching age-appropriate channels can affect their emotional and cognitive growth.
- Spending too much time in front of the television can have a negative impact on their health.
- It can also have a negative influence on your child.
Watching moderate amount of television is okay and parental guidance is crucial.