Most of the children think that Mathematics is a tough subject as they find solving problems a difficult task. But the fact is Mathematics is a very important subject and is almost linked to every other subject so it’s vital to make sure that kids are comfortable with it and for that Abacus can be very useful. It helps students in becoming proficient with basic calculations and makes the subject more attractive and interesting.
What is Abacus?
Also known as the counting frame it was invented 2500 years ago by Chinese for basic arithmetic operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in a quick and precise manner. It was used in ancient times for calculating numbers through the basic arithmetic system. This technique has become popular as a calculating instrument among children as it makes learning mathematics easy and effective.
The abacus instrument is mostly constructed in the form of a bamboo frame and has beads that have to be slid on wires. An abacus can help your kid understand all the concepts of Math as when child works on abacus it uses both its hand to move the beads. The finger movement of both hands activates the sensors of brain, the right hand coordinates with left brain and the left hand coordinates with right brain. This facilitates the functioning of “The whole brain” and helps in added intellect, thereby creating ‘child maths prodigy’.
Advantages of Abacus
- It boosts your kid’s development, especially between the ages of 6 and 16.
- It improves concentration power and boosts creative abilities.
- Improves the ability to calculate mentally.
- Enhances the power to solve basic mathematic concepts such as addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication.
- Kids become accurate while performing arithmetic operations
- Helps in better and faster calculation skills.
- Rises endurance for stress and pressure.
- Enhances problem-solving abilities.
- Clarifies logical reasoning.
- Improves reading and writing skills.
- Boosts photographic memory.
- Sharpens listening skills.
- Makes mathematics meaningful, valuable and fun.
- Increases memory power
Abacus math is considered to be one of the fastest ways of calculating and learning maths