Cooking can be a fun activity for children and they can learn a lot more in the kitchen other than cooking as all 5 senses are involved during cooking. Besides this you also get a chance to come up with family recipes that can be passed on to generations!
Basic cooking skills if learned at a young age, can go a long way. Even the basic stuff like putting the ingredients together, measuring stuff and keeping a check on pantry stock are few great thing to learn.
As weekend is almost here so we tell you few advantages of involving your children in the kitchen:
- Children get to learn quick recipes which can come handy on days you are not around
- It teaches the importance of working as a team and bond with family members
- It improves their communication skills and they will find it easy to share their ideas even with other people
- They learn how to follow instructions and become methodical
- It is a great time to to count numbers, recognize colors, fruits, and vegetables.
- They learn how to be responsible.
- Children learn why being hygienic is important.
- It helps them show compassion for family members who cook meals regularly.
- They grow up to be great multitaskers
This is also a great idea for parents who have long working hours and wish to spend more time with their children. This can become your ritual and you also get to learn about their day and become close as a family.