Knowing the past is very important for the society as it is essential for us to know about our ancestors and leaders who worked for our betterment. Many of us hate reading history but today we will you few reasons why kids need to be taught about their history and why reading historical books is essential.
- History books aware us about the past including our achievements and mistakes so that we don’t make those mistakes again.
- They inspire us about our rich culture and tells in brief about our legends.
- It tells us about the struggle and challenges the country faced.
- It provides comparative insights from histories of other civilization.
- Books tell us who all contributed in what ways for the world.
- Without knowing history the new generation wouldn’t know the struggles with which their present has been shaped
- It educates and builds a sense of pride.
- History helps kids to become better decision makers.
- They give them better understanding of the world.
- It equips with skills and helps to understand people and certain human behaviors.
- This historical knowledge also enables kids to know the root cause of historical events.
- They will also be excited knowing more about their country’s past.
- It broadens your outlook and horizon.
- Reading in general improves vocabulary too.
So as parents we need to help them understand history in deep and feel proud of the same.