We all come across different methods of parenting but it is important to understand that attitude of parents plays a major in shaping up a child’s psyche. Positive parenting is not just about being positive and overlooking the “bad stuff” but it mainly focuses on instilling healthy beliefs in children that help them grow in an emotionally safe environment. It is an approach to raising children that focuses on encouragement and support to teach proper behavior rather than reprimands, discipline, or punishments in response to a child’s misbehavior. Read on to know how it affects the kids .
- There is no power struggle so young kids can express themselves safely which results in a healthy relationship.
- Children raised with positive parenting style have higher self esteem and confidence. They also are able to take care of their mental health better.
- They are disciplined in a healthy way and it also enables their emotional growth.
- There is mutual respect for one another and deeper level of understanding between parents and children.
- Studies have also found out that children are able to focus better on their academics and perform better in school.
- Parents are also encouraged to get a better understanding of why children are misbehaving in the first place.
Here are some effects and benefits of positive parenting. Do you believe in this approach as a parent?