Young children often complain of chest pain and it can be due to various reasons. The first thing that comes to mind right after is the possibility of heart diseases. Doctors have ensured that less than one percent of children are actually diagnosed with a heart condition and there are many other reasons and possibilities to consider.
You may get worried or anxious easily as a parent but there are some things to know that will not only bring you peace but will help you make an informed decision.
Here are the possible reasons:
- Inflammation in joints
- A strain on rib muscles
- Underlying health conditions
These could be the possible reasons why your child may be complaining of chest pain. These are the questions you must ask your child to understand their condition better:
- Have they been eating healthy?
- Has the child been sick previously?
- Has the child been playing a sport for too long?
- Has there been any stressful situation that they have encountered recently?
- How frequently does the pain occur?
- How long does it last?
- What is the intensity of their pain?
These questions will help you understand how to help your child with this problem. If the pain subsides after a few days and it is bearable, you don’t have to worry too much but if your child is constantly complaining about this problem and it is affecting his or her daily activities then it is best to consult with a doctor as soon as possible.