Fire safety protocols are taught in young years so children know how they can escape safely. While doing that, it is important to not scare them and instead, instill confidence that with alertness, they can handle the situation.
You can also teach them about fire safety slowly with age as their ability to comprehend will get better. It does not have to be a rushed lesson so here are some tips that you will find helpful.
- Take help of books, make them understand using the references and you can also pick fictional books that explain fire safety.
- Educational videos and fire safety songs help children learn without being scared and they also get to enjoy the lessons. Introduce them to fire safety videos and songs.
- Your local fire safety department will have free resources, make sure to utilize them.
- Practice these lessons by imitating the situation with children. Find a way to make it a fun activity.
- Keep a fire safety kit handy. You can get one that is made for children and help them understand how to use it.
If you are still not sure how you can teach fire safety to children in an effective way, you can take help of their teachers and even work with them to help kids learn.