Babies and toddlers rarely leave their toys alone and always keep them around. All kind of toys carry germs as young children carry them along and even put some in their mouth if they are teething. Cleaning their toys is important to make sure babies don’t catch any infection and stay safe from disease-causing microorganisms.
For this, learning about the right ways to clean toys and keeping their surroundings germ-free is crucial. Practising good hygiene is recommended, especially in the times of COVID-19 as the virus can be picked off from infected surfaces. We tell you some tips to clean and disinfect your baby’s toys effectively.
- Look for a ‘dishwasher’ safe label and wash it along with the dishes for an easy cleaning process.
- Toys made out of cloth and fabric can be bleached. Dip them in diluted bleach before washing them and dry them out completely before handing them off to babies.
- Plastic toys with a large surface area can be cleaned using disinfectants. Spray some disinfectant on the surface and wipe it off with a clean cloth.
- If your child has a favourite toy that they carry everywhere with them, sanitize it at least once a day.
- For wooden toys and surfaces decide the frequency as per the usage of those object.
- Their comfort blankets and soft toys can be cleaned in washing machines. Make sure to wash it at least once a week.
These tips will help keep your baby’s toys clean. Do share your tips with us .