The lockdown has changed the dynamic of many families and various studies have shown that the responsibilities of a working mother have increased during the pandemic. There are a lot of factors in play as the restrictions have kept people from relying on help.
During this time, mothers are struggling to get back to work as many professions require a physical presence at the job, including the ones at the hospital and essential work.
The only way to manage that is by taking precautions and stepping into the system prepared. Here are some tips that can help working mothers stay safe while working during this pandemic and how you can take care of yourself as well as the family.
- Make sure to carry your mask in a zip pouch. If you are ever taking off the masks during any time of the day, keep it in a ziplock bag so that it does not come in contact with infected spaces.
- Avoid sharing transport with your co-workers. People are getting infected at great speed so you may not know if someone is carrying the virus. It is best to travel to work alone during this time.
- Avoid making stops before and after work to minimise the risk.
- Maintain a safe distance from your coworkers. Make sure to keep that in mind throughout the day and wash your hands after using common touchpoints.
- Bring your own utensils, water bottle and lunch to minimise via contact.
- After coming back from work, dispose of the masks and gloves safely, dip your clothes in Dettol water and take a shower before calling it a day.
- Wash your clothes separately and add few drops of disinfectant in it.
- Keep sanitisers handy and carry extra one too.
- Take all your prescribed medicines to stay healthy.
Here are some ways to stay safe while working during the pandemic. These tips will be helpful in staying protected from the virus. Keep these things in mind along with following other safety protocols.