After taking a break from work, it can be a task to go back to the schedule, especially when you have a new family member.
Maternity leave comes to an end quite quickly when your time is spent adjusting to your new life and so to make the transition easier, here are some tips that will help you get back to your office after it has been a while.
It is important to step into your professional role with realistic expectations. Your priorities might have been adjusted which is understandable as you have a new role to play too so here is how you can do it:
- Have a word with your HR department and let them know you will be joining back. Also ask if there is any changes in office that you need to know about.
- Take help and support from your family
- Catch up a little on projects so you do not feel overwhelmed with emotions on your first day back.
- Speak to your manager and ask for support in the beginning as you transition into your work routine.
- Start slow. You don’t have to be as good as you were on your first day back.
- Do not pick a Monday as your first day back. Take it slow by giving yourself a break in between, which would be the weekend.
- Make all the necessary arrangements at home a few weeks before you have to go back. This will give you time to understand how things can be moved around.
- Give yourself some time to be prepared mentally and do not expect miracles. You will face a few hiccups and that is normal.
It will be little difficult in the beginning but things will soon get better so stay calm.