Just the thought of getting coronavirus is so worrisome but unfortunately, I and my husband got covid positive lately. More than us I was worried about my kids as they are not old enough, but I was shocked and happy how my 11-year-old daughter managed things throughout the time. The moment I told my daughter that we got covid, she said: “ don’t worry mom I will take care of Bhai, you look after your health”. I realized that this pandemic has made kids more responsible so I decided to share my experience with all of you. I hope it is going to be useful for you.
Things that I taught my kids during this pandemic:
- Helping parents with household chores
- Keeping their room clean
- Good hygiene habits like washing their hands after touching anything
- Good eating habits
How my daughter managed things during this time:
- She used to clean her room daily
- She took care of her brother, supported him as well
- She looked after their breakfast as she can make sandwiches, cornflakes, so she managed it
- She also kept sanitizing the house
- She looked after hers and her brother’s medicines (which we started as a preventive measure)
- She also used to light up a dia in temple everyday. To get positive vibes in home
- She also kept checking on us, and asked us before getting out of the room so that we can maintain some distance.
- Since I told her that healthy eating is important she made sure that both of them have nuts and makhanas in snacks. They also developed the habit of having golden milk
- She helped her brother sleep well, by watching or reading something with him.
- She also managed her school work on her own and taught her brother as well.
Those 20 days were tough for all of us, but we fought together as a family and now we are stronger and better. I am glad that I taught everything about corona to my kids which is why she could manage so much. I am really proud of my daughter for everything she did.