Choosing the perfect crib for your baby is important as it is where they’ll spend most of the time. A comfortable crib is essential and at the same time, it should also be safe for your little one. Keeping these things in mind while picking up a suitable crib can be a task which may leave you confused.
So here are some easy pointers to keep in mind while picking up crib that will suit your needs the best.
- Make sure the mattress of the crib is comfortable. Check it thoroughly before buying the crib. It should also fit all the corners and no space should be left between the mattress and the sides.
- Pick a simple crib over fancy designs and decorations. As fancy ones can make your baby uncomfortable but can also be a bit dangerous for them.
- The sidebars of the crib should be appropriately spaced. Spacing should be such that your baby does not get stuck between the bars.
- Check the length of corners before finalizing on a crib. The length of the posts should be such that it does not interfere with your baby’s movement.
- If you are getting a crib as a gift then make sure to check it properly. Also, see if it meets all the safety requirements of a modern-day crib.
There are many cribs in the market that you can choose from. So go for the sturdy one that can withstand a toddler’s movement. You can also go for convertible cribs that will accommodate your baby’s needs for many years.