Lessons given to kids while growing up are some important life lesson and one of the important lessons is washing hands before eating anything, as dirty hands transfer diseases and infections. Every year 15th October is celebrated as Global Handwashing Day, as a means to increase awareness and understanding of the importance and benefits of hand washing.
Global Handwashing Day, started by the Global Handwashing Partnership in 2008, is an opportunity to get involved in creative ways to encourage people to wash their hands with soap and clean water. Hand washing is one of the most important as well as an effective step that can be taken to prevent diseases and help children grow strong.
Kids must be encouraged to wash their hand before and after eating and after coming from outside as well. Also, they must use soap while washing their hands. Today we tell you the other benefits of washing hands
- Hand washing helps people stay healthy and hygienic. And good hygiene also reduces diarrheal and respiratory illness in people.
- Germs, like bacteria and viruses, are microscopic and can’t be seen easily. They can be found everywhere in objects like cell phones and desk and can be transferred to your hands when you touch them. However, hand washing prevents the spreading of the germs.
- It is the best way to stop the spreading of skin infections. Make sure you wash your hands with soap before using or eating anything.
- According to UNICEF hand washing reduces the risk of diseases like diarrhea and pneumonia.
- The habit of washing hands can help you prevent catching or spreading any viruses, including hepatitis A as it spreads from contaminated food or water or contact with someone who is infected.
- We are almost surrounded by many people around us and we might get their bacteria so washing hands removes those bacteria and makes the environment safe for us.
Hand washing is one of the best precautions you can take to prevent yourself from infections and illness. The time you spend at the sink will save you many trips to the doctor. So always wash your hands when required.