This year has been exceptionally rough and even more for new mothers as the hospitals have been swamped with COVID-19 cases and patient-doctor interaction has been minimized. Pregnancy is a journey and new mothers often require support from medical professionals to guide them.
This period is an exception and hence it is important to understand ways in which new mothers can support themselves which will also keep them safe from coronavirus. Here are some useful tips for new mothers:
- Make sure to prioritize your health and take the necessary precautions to keep yourself safe even at home.
- Avoid having too many people meet the newborn as the chances of infection are high.
- Try not to panic as everyone is trying to adjust to the new normal routine. Seek help if required.
- Practice social distancing but keep in touch with your support system. Make sure to communicate with your friends and family as these are tough times.
- If too much information is only adding to your worries then cut back on it. There is no need to stay updated with every piece of news if it disturbs you too much.
- Ease yourself into a routine as it will help you take up other tasks and will also give you a sense of accomplishment.
- Stay in touch with your doctor online if you feel lost and want to take care of your baby in the best way possible.
Stay safe and recover well as it important for both you and your baby.