There are many circumstances due to which women go through an abortion which can be very disturbing as it makes them weak not only physically but emotionally as well. Secondly there are some side effects of abortion too so women need to take care of themselves so we tell you some self-care tips to help you recover soon
Normal side effects of abortion:
- Pain/ cramps
There are some abnormal side effects as well:
- Prolonged bleeding
- Painful cramps
- Body temperature
After an abortion, a woman may be more prone to infection as it can take some time for the cervix to close. To reduce the risk of infection, women should avoid:
- using tampons until their next period.
- having penetrative sex and putting anything in the vagina for 1–2 weeks
- using swimming pools for 1–2 weeks
Some self-care tips that you must take after abortion:
• Give yourself some time to laugh and relax. Treat yourself with movie, books or any other forms of entertainment while you rest up.
• Use heating pads to ease your cramps.
• Drink water and stay hydrated, especially if you’re experiencing vomiting.
• Have a support system in place, as some women experience emotional changes because of the drastic hormone shift.
• Take proper rest for few days after the abortion to help you recover.
• Take pain killers to lessen cramps. Also take all the prescribed medicines.
• Massage your abdomen when you experience cramps.
• Do any of your hobby as it will cheer you up.
• Wear comfortable clothes.
• Talk to your partner and express your feeling.
- Eat good and healthy food to uplift your mood
- Attending follow-up appointments after a few weeks. This is important to ensure that the abortion was complete and that the uterus is healing.