Pregnancy comes with its own set of problems as the body adapts to the growing fetus. Some issues are fairly common while others may be a result of underlying conditions. Many women experience chest pain during their pregnancy and that can happen due to various reasons.
It may be due to acidity or could be a sign of a cardiovascular issue, although chances are less. If you are not sure what to do and when is the right time to consult a doctor, here is what you can do if you are experiencing mild symptoms.
- Avoid eating greasy food as it may cause acidity. Make sure to eat healthy food and see if you still experience chest pain.
- Keep an eye on the symptoms of respiratory infection. Chest pain may be one of the symptoms.
- Keep stress under control. Experiencing chest pain may be uncomfortable but stressing about it can aggravate the issue.
- Make sure your posture is proper. Your growing uterus may be exerting pressure on your organs due to which you may be experiencing chest pain.
- Give yourself some support using a pillow while lying down or sitting.
- Make sure that you are taking prescribed prenatal supplements.
- If possible, move a little and exercise under supervision.
If your symptoms still don’t subside, consult with your doctor.