Growing up, we learn a lot of things from our friends. We go to school to learn things and then wait for our adult lives to teach us a thing or two but all this while, we miss the things our mothers live an example of.
There are so many lessons that we can learn living at home just by observing our mother. Since we look up to our parents as role models, I believe there are a few things that I wish to imbibe from the ways my mother is living her life.
- Being kind and relentlessly supportive.
- Always finding time to do what she loves.
- Trying out new things and learning new recipes, ordering less junk from food joints.
- Making sure the family eats at least one meal of the day together.
- Making sure that everyone feels heard and can express themselves openly.
- Keeping in touch with family and letting them know they will always have us.
- Giving us space to experiment, fail and learn our lessons.
- Caring for family members unconditionally.
- Being a supportive partner.
- Creating a balance between the family members.
- Praying for everyone.
I am trying to learn and implement these lessons in life too . What about you?