Republic day is around the corner and just like other festivals, this occasion too will be celebrated keeping the pandemic in mind. Most children look forward to Republic Day celebrations at their school and even perform dance, poems or even skits. This year, that may not be possible as schools are shut down and classes are being taken online.
Instead of not celebrating Republic Day at all, keep safety guidelines in mind and celebrate the day with your children to keep them happy and to make sure they are not missing out on these experiences entirely. Here is how you can celebrate it at home.
- Watch the Republic Day Parade on Television with your children and dress them up for it.
- Host an online movie watching party with their friends and pick a patriotic movie for them.
- Make tri-color dishes with them and have lunch with all your family members. You can even play indoor games and spend some quality time together.
- Host a kite flying competition with your neighbors. This will keep your children entertained and safe as well since distance will be maintained.
- Introduce them to the freedom fighters through stories and show them documentaries. This can also turn into a fun learning session.
- Arrange for an online costume competition with other children.
You can also hoist a flag on your terrace or garden in the spirit of the occasion.