Currently the twin birth rate in India is 4 in every one thousand births and there is a rise in twinning rates over the past two decades.
Pregnancy is filled with miraculous changes and a twin pregnancy is a double miracle. But besides this there are some interesting and surprising facts about it too. Check them out
• Mothers of twins tend to live longer than moms who do not have twins.
• According to a research’s twins speak a language called cryptophasia that only they can understand.
• There are two types of twins – fraternal and identical. Fraternal twins are more common than identical twins. While fraternal twins occur when two separate eggs are fertilized by two separate sperms.
• More than 50 percent of twins is born before 37 weeks.
• If you have a history of twins in your family there are higher chances of having twins.
• Twins tend to bond inside the womb too.
• When pregnant with twins you need to take at least 2700 calories in one day.
• Even identical twins often have varying birth weights. Several things can influence birth weight, especially among twins.
• The twin who is developing closest to the cervix is called Baby A and the other one is called baby B.
• Cesarean section is a more common delivery option.
• Labour is longer with twins
• You might experience morning sickness more than in usual pregnancy